COVID in India: What went wrong?
India seemed to be doing so well, and now finds itself in utter chaos. Why? Please donate if you are able. These first 3 are suggestions, but more are linked below. They are all doing important, valuable work so I wouldn’t agonise over which you choose.
My friend's parents so can vouch for this one: https://www.ketto.org/fundraiser/OnebillionLiterates
Some further reading/references:
1. Why should the US help India https://qz.com/india/2001436/why-should-the-us-help-india-overcome-its-covid-19-second-wave/
2. Source of Devi Shetty quote: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/toi-edit-page/the-crisis-thats-coming-soon-we-will-run-out-of-skilled-personnel-to-treat-covid-heres-how-to-tackle-this/?source=app&frmapp=yes
3. The Indian mutant originating in Kent https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/from-the-garden-of-england-to-the-slums-of-calcutta-our-kent-covid-variant-is-now-theirs-nszptr3sz
4. Sandhya Ramesh is a superb science writer in India, and always a good starting point for understanding issues affecting India. This is a very useful article about what works and what doesn’t - one to circulate to friends and relatives https://theprint.in/health/dexamethasone-remdesivir-plasma-doxycycline-which-works-for-covid-and-which-doesnt/645982/
5. Why this is the world’s problem https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/25/the-world-must-act-indias-covid-crisis-is-a-dire-problem-for-us-all